Welcome to Year 6!
Hello! The teachers in Year 6 are Mrs Jinks and Mr Hale. The teaching assistants are Mrs Haritakis, Mrs Horner and Mrs Medley.
PE is on Thursday afternoons and children should come into school wearing their kit on these days. It should always be labelled.
Children are given weekly grammar via Google Classroom and maths booklet homework tasks. Each week, children will receive a list of spellings to practice at home.
Children are also expected to read at least three times a week and play regularly on TT Rockstars. (See below)
Useful Websites for learning at home:
http://www.mathgametime.com/math-games - a wide range of short games to support maths understanding and learning
http://timestables.me.uk/ Quickfire multiplication questions - how quickly can you answer them?
https://ttrockstars.com - can you beat Mr Hale and be top of our school leaderboard?
The key stage 2 tests are timetabled from Monday 11 May to Thursday 14 May 2021.
• Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling - Paper 1 (45 minutes short answer questions, 50 marks)
• Spelling – Paper 2 (Aprox. 20 minutes, script read by teacher, 20 marks)
• Reading (1 hour to read and answer questions based on a fiction text, non-fiction text and poem/another text, 50 marks)
• No writing test (teacher assessment of portfolio to be completed by June)
• No calculator allowed in any tests.
• Arithmetic Paper 1 (30 minutes, 40 marks)
• Reasoning Paper 2 (40 minutes, 35 marks)
• Reasoning paper 3 (40 minutes, 35 marks)