Welcome to Year 6
Hello! The teacher in Year 6 St Martin is Mrs Jinks. The teaching assistants are Mrs Haritakis, Mrs Horner and Mrs Boardman.
PE is on Thursday afternoons and PE kit should be left in school each week and then taken home at half-term for washing. It should always be labelled.
Children are given weekly spelling, grammar and maths homework tasks. Children are also expected to read regularly and record this in their diaries.
• Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling - Paper 1 (45 minutes short answer questions, 50 marks)
• Spelling – Paper 2 (Aprox. 20 minutes, script read by teacher, 20 marks)
• Reading (1 hour to read and answer questions based on a fiction text, non-fiction text and poem/another text, 50 marks)
• No writing test (teacher assessment of portfolio to be completed by June)
• No calculator allowed in any tests.
• Arithmetic Paper 1 (30 minutes, 40 marks)
• Reasoning Paper 2 (40 minutes, 35 marks)
• Reasoning paper 3 (40 minutes, 35 marks)